Sunday, August 29, 2010

I am Jane's First Week

This week went by pretty quickly.
It was okay at the beginning,
and then if ended pretty well.
I still have a few kinks to work out,
and I hope they all fall through.
At this point, I'm staying more for the intrinsic rewards
rather than the extrinsic rewards.
But we all know that intrinsic rewards doesn't put food in my stomach
and very importantly, clothes on my back.
At least for now.
I know some day in the future I will reap the investments.
And that's why I'm trying so hard to psyche myself into holding on.
Looking back, I actually have a job that I've always wanted.
Something out of the ordinary.
Something that will reward me in the future.
In a way, the train has slowed down a lot.
In another way, the train is heading towards another express lane.
I'm scared.
That I can openly admit.
Who wouldn't be?
But I really need to clear my head.
I need to set new goals.
Speaking of which, let me just add in that it's really over this time.
He can come suck my hypothetical balls.
I need to move on.
But I've also come to realise how lonely I am these days.
But he is no good.
I need someone better.
I deserve someone better.
But for now, that is not my main priority.
I'm trying very hard to throw myself into my work.
I like what I do.
For the simplest reason because there is no rigidity.
But at the same time, I hate how I'm taken advantage of.

I hate how I worry about next month
when I'm not even sure how I'm going to survive this month.
I hate how I don't feel independent right now,
and I hate how I'm not doing anything about it,
I hate how it makes me feel.
I hate how I've become,
I hate how everyday I have to hope that it's just a phase.
I basically hate myself.
I don't like what I see,
I don't like what I hear,
I don't like what I say,
I don't like what I think,
I don't like what I know,
I don't like that I don't know,
I don't like that I feel like that.
I don't like that I'm not in control.
Please, God,
please put an end to all this childishness and please send me a catapult.

For years I've been saying the same thing.
I hate how everyone told me,
"You have so much potential in you,
you really must make a point to do something with it."
Nobody told me what my potential is.
Nobody pointed me the right direction.
But somehow, the stars, the sun, the moon, the planet and I collided,
this temporary job became a permanent one,
and there is this man who walks in,
doesn't tell me the same shit everyone tells me,
in between the stars, the sun, the moon and the planet he collided,
ever so willing to guide me,
opening up windows (and doors) of opportunities
I could have only dreamt of,
he doesn't tell me I have potential,
but he knows it,
and he knows that I know it.
The difference is he's making use of that potential.
And he is bringing me up as best as he can.
And I hate myself for not being able to see what he sees.

My one and only question is:
HOW THE HELL DO I MAKE MYSELF HAPPY?

By the way, I think I've found my perfect tattoo.
And I'm so glad that it will finally mean something,
not just my unexplainable fondness for the beach.
But if I'm getting a tattoo, I want it to be my own drawing.
So I'm thinking of the last three elements only

What do you think?