Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am Jane, the Adult

I can't possibly recall the time when I wished this day would come.
A lot has changed.
I've grown
in maturity,
in years,
in size (groans).
I'm certainly no longer the youngest wherever I go.
Although, it was fun while it lasted.
In fact, I was always proud to be the youngest around.
And now I see these babies around me.
Makes me want to be their age again.
Shut up with the pedophile jokes.
I've received enough as it is.
Shabnam made up a new one, in fact: Coudophile.
Sounds cool, but really isn't.

At 21,
I now understand how age can catch up with you.
I understand why you need to take care of your skin (and your health).
I realise that nothing is forever, good or bad.

So here's to life,
here's to making it alive,
here's to waiting to turn ripe at 50.

For all the big fuss and all the waiting,
all I can say today is "So this is how it feels like."
with 'much' enthusiasm.
But then again, I never was a birthday person.

By the way, if you're wondering,
I didn't get a key from my mother.
It's not like I didn't ask.
She sternly refused.
I bet it's a psychological thing as well.
And I bet the day I was born she locked me up and threw away the key.
That, or she has misplaced the key, again.

My Birthday wish?
I want to be an ACCA Affiliate in August 2010.
So I can get on with my life.
I'm sick of this chapter already.
I need change.
And I hope the next chapter contains much more excitement and happiness than this one did.
Hey, contrary to popular believes I do not enjoy being depressed, okay?
And yes, I am working on my issues.
Hard at them, that is.
So don't say I'm not trying.
For this, I want to say thanks, Wei Wei, for the opportunity to do so.

1 comment:

hem said...

happy born come out day =D