Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I am Jane looking for my Poker Face

I need to find my mask.
I think I lost it,
somewhere between trusting a person,
thinking he understood me,
thinking he'd never leave,
and letting him into my life.
How can I let someone mean so much to me?
I have my own self to blame.
If you don't care about a person,
they can't hurt you.
If they're not significant to you,
you won't feel a thing.
But if you're not careful,
you will find later on,
lying on the ground,
trampled and repeatedly stepped on,
broken into a million pieces,
torn and tattered,
a big chunk of your heart that was once filled with the feeling of security.
and then you will go into exile,
hiding behind a mask,
bringing on your best poker face,
until your heart is hilled,
albeit scarred and mutated,
to remind you of the past,
not as beautiful as it once was,
but whole once again,
only to let loose once again
and end up having another big piece ripped out of your very existence.

Don't trust anyone.
Not even yourself.
Because you will only let yourself down.

No comments: