Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I am Jane, all new and improved formula

And so, Sunil obviously did a pretty good job in talking me through the whole thing and now, welcome the all new me. At the beginning, I was still trying to salvage as much as my hair and tried persuading the hairstylist, Angie, to give me a fake bob instead of a real one (apparently there's a difference). But of course, Sunil intervened and I left it up to her prerogative.
This was my last attempt at salvaging my hair. I wanted to stop at this length, but Sunil said "NO!!" and so, it got shorter. By the way, Angie saved the first snippet of hair for me. Probably because Sunil went "EEEKK!!" when she cut it.
In loving memory of my long silky smooth multi-coloured hair 2001-2008. I will see you again soon.

Freaky as it is, I'm still keeping it. I don't know why. Am thinking of laminating it. But will the heat spoil the texture??


The end results. Yes, I did a Rihanna (and now, everytime Sunil sees me he can't help but start singing Umbrella). No, I didn't do it because I saw Rihanna do it, and I most certainly didn't do it because all the other girls were doing it. If I did, I would have cut my hair short a long time ago. I did it for myself. And I had no idea it'd turn out like this. My survey results:
  1. Sunil loves it (he should, he talked me into cutting it THAT short)
  2. Yuvan doesn't notice the difference
  3. Ezra replied the usual "Okay what!"
  4. Peter Hoong doesn't like the fact that I have short hair
  5. Auntie thought I was joking when I said I was going to cut my hair, and when I sent her the MMS she choked
  6. Ratna loves it
  7. Mabel supposedly loves it as well and now she has done the same
  8. Chung Li Kuan said "Ohmigod!! You stupid girl. Do you know how I wished I had your silky smooth straight hair?"
  9. Angeline said "Did you go crazy for a split second?"
  10. Prem (who is never nice with criticism) said "Not bad arr!"
The last person or rather, the one whose opinion matters the most, is not here. I shouldn't have told him I was going to cut my hair, should have just left it as a surprise. Anyway, it'd be a surprise enough for him, since he doesn't know how short my hair really is.



A preview for you before you come back...

I have a lot of things to say, some should be censored, some should not be said at all.

All I can say is I hate routine. I hate anything that is repetitive, boring, mundane, normal, day-to-day. Some how, together with the new hairstyle, unintended happiness came along.

All this while, I suddenly became a shaddow in college, but nowadays everyone notices me. I feel as if my face looks brighter and so, Mabel, contrary to your believe that hair is just hair, hair DOES make a huge difference.

I don't care about the attention, but the feeling and exhiliration it has brought on to me. First of all, I feel reborn, renewed, refreshed. Everyday I wake up, I feel as if I now look forward to what's ahead instead of dreading it.

Secondly, I feel me again. Somewhere along finding myself, I happened to lost myself. I gave myself up to people who didn't care about me. Now, I feel as if I have priorities and that is to love me as much as well. And thus, I feel more confident.

Thirdly, I feel as if my world is falling into place again. I feel as if I have a purpose to live, I feel as if I'm ME again. It's as though someone has awoken the sleeping snake (because I'm born in the year of the zodiac snake) in me and now I'm ready to erm...bite?

Last but not least, I feel like a whole new me. I feel as if I can do anything and everything. I feel as if the sky is my limit and I feel like the world is mine. I've even started to fall in love with David Guetta again. It's as though some how, the music had become muffled over the months, and now I can hear it loud and clear again. Pure ecstasy! And so, I shall leave you with this video and a mischievous smile to leave you wondering about my dirty little secrets, that is, if I have any.



I remember the first time I got really high and flying (on what I will not say). I was looking/ staring at the pretty disco lights in my friends room while listening to David Guetta's Love don't let me go. And I fell in love instantly. After which, my music taste expanded, but now, I'm as hooked on David Guetta as I was when I first heard him.

It's nice to let yourself loose once in a while. REALLY Lose control. That's what I'm talking about. Maybe you can cope with the stress, but I can't. I need big time massive drastic breaks to recharge myself for the next league. And so, I have one more week to go party like it's my mother fucking job before I start dying for the mock exams again. By the way, did I mentioned that Marcus gave me the same marks again? And I didn't even study!! I still have about a month plus before the real exams..Sigh! How time flies..

1 comment:

MeiYuin said...

cheh, your hair is still so long, lolz...