Thursday, February 26, 2009

I am Jane, it rained, and then I fell from among the clouds

It was just few hours ago before I woke up that I posted the previous blog. But of course, my mum had to wake me up, and yell about how I spend my time sleeping instead of doing something else (at least I'm at home sleeping and not out doing something you don't like!!). And then she told me to register for my ACCA exams because apparently the letter reached my house.

Damn ACCA for their new regulations and shit. Apparently I can't sit for P7 without attempting P2 and P3. And I just dropped P3 a month ago!! I clearly remember asking Mr. Dinesh whether or not I can do P2 and P7 without P3 and he said YES. And I remember registering for the paper after they lost my enrolment slip and the admin allowed me to. So PLEASE tell me, how was I to know? Perhaps you can say that I should have read the ACCA guidelines or whatever before I did so, but HOW WOULD I KNOW??? There must be at least a hundred guidelines there and time is something I don't have in excess.

Really don't know what to do now. Quite reluctant to drop any of my papers, but quite reluctant to add an additional paper as well. For one, it was so hard for me to drop the paper, now I'm supposed to start all over again. On the positive side, this was my initial plan. On the other hand, I'M SCARED SHITLESS ABOUT P2!! Calamity Jane will always remain Calamity Jane, eh?

Sigh, and now I'm left with three options:

  1. Do P2, P3 and P7 all together and try my luck.
  2. Do P2 and P3, and drop P7
  3. Do P2 only, and drop P7
The first choice would be very risky. I'm not that worried about P3 and P7 but P2 is scaring the life out of me. I know that I will have sufficient guidance for P3 and P7 from Mr Marcus and Mr Goh, but Ms Menon just scares me to death!! And I keep getting flashbacks to the semester I took F7.

The second option is almost unacceptable, since I did spend quite some time on P7 (and enjoying it), so dropping it would mean a waste of 2 months.

The third option is quite likely, seeing that I'm determined to pass P2 once and for all and NEVER enter her class again.

Oh, help me. I don't know what to do. Why am I always stuck in situations like that? I guess that's the end of my resting-on-my-laurels crap. Guess what mum said? For once, she asked me to take the big risk. Something she has NEVER asked me to do before. I'm always the one who insists on taking the big risks. MY own risks. URGH!!!

No comments: