Monday, October 19, 2009

I am Jane enlightened

I think I'm on track now..
I need to practise what I preach.
I'm having this conversation right now.
I can't put in the details here,
but I think I see the light now.
All this while I have been just so angry.
Little did I know it has been preparing me for later on.
Next year, to be specific.

You can change your job,
But you can't change your mum.
Its so easy to blame everything else.
Until you look into the mirror.
Sounds familiar.
But I think I've finally learnt the true meaning of it.

I know I'm still doing it,
running away from my problems rather than facing them.
But I think even though I want to go away and start anew,
I'm still very adamant about finishing all that I've started here.
Clearing up backlogs.
And reconciling mistakes.
I also want to set things straight,
be a better person,
Be comfortable enough to strut this new personality out,
Right what I have wronged,
Un-step all that has been stepped on (pun intended, sarcasm too)
Un-use what has been used (refer above)
And then I will move on with my life.
I will still leave.
Not because I'm running away,
but because my chapter here has ended.

Sweet Dreams by Annie Lenox has always been my all-time favourite.
Maybe sub-consciously because of the lyrics,

And then one day, they hit me like a bullet train.




"Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you.
Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want to be abused."

You won't understand,
but know that I intend to live the other part of the lyrics as well.

First, to
"Hold your head up, keep your head up.
Moving on"

And then
"I traveled the world and the seven seas,
Everybody's looking for something"

But I always knew that

"Sweet dreams are made of this."

And "Who am I to disagree?" ;)

Thank you, Annie Lennox. Maybe you felt the same way when you were writing the lyrics as I did when the lyrics of your song made sense to me..Thank you anyway, for singing the song 6 years before I was born.



But as they always say,

It is easier said than done.
Funny thing is, I've actually done it.
And now, I'm just saying it.
But will I remember how to act this way later on?

No comments: