Saturday, October 31, 2009

I am Jane's new doctor

I like this new doctor! When my stupid toe got injured, it was already about 8.30pm and my usual doctor had closed, and so I went to one of those 24-hour Mediviron clinics opposite the Pyramid. I have to tell you, for the extra you pay, they really do a good job! At least this doctor does, however, for some reason, the first doctor I saw insisted that I came every day to change my dressing. It has been exactly a week now, imagine if I had to go everyday, I would have been broke by now. Wait, I actually AM broke. Okay, maybe I would be broke-er.

So yes, Dr. Raymond of Mediviron Clinic is highly recommended by me, especially if you have wounds you need to dress. I don't know about medication and consultation, but if he can dress wounds so well, you really ought to respect the man. I think he's an aspiring politician because there was a book with Mahathir's face on it entitled "WAKE UP CALL" or something like that, and he told me "Accountants are very important in the country, so when I become prime minister, will you help me out?". I'm sorry, but I found every part of that sentence so funny that all I could do was just put on a stupid grin.

For the record, I hate doctors, I hate clinics, I hate needles, and I hate blood. Hence, I am not a medical student. And I definitely dislike seeing others in pain and I definitely am a perfectionist in that I need everything to be perfect. I can look at a person who has been handicap since birth as normal, but if you got decapitated, there's just something inside me that gets ticked off, and I start feeling very irritated because something that was once perfect, isn't anymore. Hence the loss of my toe-nail is something very big to me. And for me to recommend a doctor would mean that I felt NOTHING when he had to remove the gauze of my still-sticky wound.

I was supposed to see him yesterday, but right before my turn, two Indian men came in, bleeding profusely from his heels. I was okay when he entered the examination room, but as time passed by, I couldn't help but wonder what was going on there, and I knew that he'd definitely be lying on that bed...and BLEEDING!! And I was going to lie there as well. I'm not being racist or anything, but ANYONE can have AIDS okay? So imagine if there was left over blood there, and I had some unknown wound which came in contact with the blood. And it was so disgusting, he was bleeding all over the floor and the nurse just left it in a puddle there for everyone to step on. And I assure you when I say puddle, I mean POOLS of thick red blood. So, I chickened out and went home because my heart was racing so fast and I could feel my head going light and my knees going soft. I went back early in the morning (think 7am) and he had all the time in the world for me, maybe that's why he took his time to peel it off. I also found out that the Indian guy who was looking all tough the night before, dripping his blood on to the ground and looking like he didn't feel a thing went into the examination room and turned into a complete girl, refusing to let the doctor do anything (Ahem, but wait, I AM a girl, so I get to act that way, okay?)

And that is my very unique doctor's visit. Exam Exile starts today.

p/s: On another note, I don't know why, but I think my friends are trying to kill me, making me drive to places that are definitely JAMMED and PACKED and its a WEEKEND! I don't understand how the fact that I have a car now means that she doesn't have to drive anymore and that I have to drive to some 'godforsakenplace'.

p/p/s: I know I never fell in love with my car, but I definitely am planning to keep it in tip top condition just so I can get a better price for it next year. What I don't understand is how people don't understand how my heart hurts when they abuse my car, like putting Park and pressing on the accelerator, I feel my heart being ripped off everytime.. Car, car, please don't break down on me ever.

No comments: