Monday, October 19, 2009

I am Jane's new leaf

I've been going to gym consistently.
Well, I try.
And I think I did put in a lot of determination.
The only reasons why I didn't go was because
I went home,
I wasn't in Sunway,
I had other things to do.
I even went the day before my exam!

When Sunil was going to gym in 2006, he constantly nagged me about how great exercise is (note: not how important, okay?).
How it makes you feel good,
How it works as a stress buster,
How it just works and shit.
I never listened.
I never liked exercising.
I HATED exercising.
Some how, to me, exercising = running
Running = something I can't do = I'll just get asthma and die there
Even when I was going to True Fitness I didn't feel like this.
But I have to say that going to True Fitness is part of the reason why I like gym now.
I slowly developed a routine,
And slowly pushed the self-consciousness out of my head (although it is definitely still there)
only to replace it with will-power, determination and the need to improve.
It used to be "I have to do this because it's good for me"
And then it became "I have to do this because I want to look and feel good"
And now, it's "I just have to do this because it makes me feel so much better overall"


Yes, I have a new goal in life.
I don't only want to look good,
I want to feel good as well.
I know I've been talking about this for a gazillion years and never achieved any results and starting to sound like a pro-ana failure, but I think this is it.
I used to think that I lost a lot of weight last time because I just didn't eat and slept through the whole day,
but then I started to realise that I DID exercise.
I played a lot of tennis.
Heck, I wasn't really good at it, but I really did enjoy it.
I used to skip school and call in sick,
but I'd still go for tennis in the evenings.
Worse still, in order to reach the tennis court by foot,
I have to cross the house of my then-discipline teacher who'd always be sitting outside watching over her son.
I don't need a supermodel body, I just want to be comfortable looking at myself in the mirror.

Don't diss me.
I know I sound damn shallow saying all that,
but I know how it feels to be both sizes.
It does affect your self-confidence and in turn, every other aspect of your life.

So here's to a new dawn.

When I was in Form 2, I used to weigh 60 kg,
I started losing weight after PMR.
At one point, my weight dropped to 35 kg.
That was the lowest I went.
And then everything went erm...
'Downhill' since then.
Mid July, I weighed in at 70 kg.
Today, I weigh 68 kg.
I'm literally two of 'me'
My goal is 40kg.
I don't know how long it's going to take,
but I definitely know this is it.
I just have to put in more effort,
Once I have the momentum,
and once I start seeing results,
the rest will be easy-peasy..

Oh, wait. I forgot one minor detail.
I have to work on time management.
All this gym thing is also making me feel very productive.
And I do need to put this productivity to great use.
Wish me luck!

On a side note, my best friend's coming back soon!! =D

No comments: