Saturday, November 7, 2009

I am Jane an angry consumer

Angry.
Pfft!
When am I not?

This whole week has been a total drill for me, classes starting at 9am, ending about 5-6pm.
And then not being able to resist the temptation to go to Pyramid.
I was feeling sick on Thursday, and I decided to get some instant liquid vitamin boosters.

There's this little stall called Berry Passion located on LG1 near the ice skating rink.
Above it is Coffee Bean,
And below it is New Zealand Natural.

I'm not advocating them, and I'm definitely not doing free advertising for them.
As I was walking towards the stall,
I saw this tower banner on the right that said "Pink Lady: Ladies who are wearing pink (anything pink at all) get drinks at RM5"
And so I thought "Wow, for a change, this must be my lucky day!"
And so I go up to the counter, and I chose my drink,
All this while the idiot foreigner of a cashier speaks broken English in some weird slang and keeps asking me if I understand what he's saying.
At first I just nod out of politeness but after that I think that was just part of his stupid scam.
After I made my order, I saw that he had punched in RM9.90 instead of RM5.
When I asked him, his English suddenly became so bad that he couldn't understand what I was saying or neither could he understand what the banner read.
This is how the conversation went:

Me : Oh, I thought it was RM5.
Him: No, RM 9.90.
Me : But it says there that ladies wearing pink get to buy the drink at RM5.
Him: But you not wearing pink.
Me : What?
Him: Only for ladies wear pink.
Me : But I'm wearing pink. (I don't usually wear pink, that was just one of those days and how dare he take that right away from me!)
Him: Beraildwaehi kadaj (I swear it sounded something like that)
Me : What?
Him: You not wearing pink.
Me : Then what colour is this? (pointing to my shirt)
Him: That is not pink.
Me : *rolls eyes and suddenly all the pent up frustrations for the day come back up.
SSM: (SSM is my friend) Okay, then how about this? This is pink. (points at the HOT PINK motives on her T-shirt)
Him: That is not pink.
Me : Then what colour is it?
Him: That is brown.
Me : What?
Him: That is bwonoielirh
Me : I'm sorry, you're not making any sense. (When I say things that bluntly, you know you're going to get it from me)
Him: RM9.90
Me : I want to speak to your manager.
Him: OLIJAJLROIJLWAR
Me : I'm sorry your English is horrible, can you get someone else here.
Him: RM9.90 please.
Me : *leaves.

I was going to take a picture of that banner and send it to the Tribunal court or at least come back another day to make a report. But dumb ass wasn't so dumb after all. He got out of the counter and removed the banner. WHAT THE FUCK? Is this some kind of new scam? Its not about the extra RM4.90. It's about being cheated and knowing your rights. If I ever go back to Berry Passion, I'll be sure to speak to the manager. You wait and see.

2 comments:

hem said...

i feel for you, but this has to be the funniest thing u ever posted!! cant stop laughing weiiii!!!

Jane said...

what the fuck!!!it's not funny!!it's a scam!!