Sunday, November 22, 2009

I am Jane in a day

I think, today was the most perfect day in this entire year.
I am one of many temperaments,
most of them from the extreme ends of all aspects.

I like to go out and party,
be surrounded by intoxicated loud people who are grinning like idiots
enveloped by loud music
and letting loose like there's no tomorrow.

But there are days when I don't even feel like stepping out of my bed,
totally zone out,
stare at the ceiling,
outside my window (which is why my bed is strategically positioned beside the window),
stare at my neatly arranged books,
stare at the squirls on my quilt cover.

I like to have company,
have good conversations,
about how blue the sky is,
anatomy,
girl talk,
mindless bullshit,
and the matters of the world,
heck even our topics vary so extremely.

But there are days
when I just want to be left alone,
and may God have mercy on you
if you even try to break into my solitude.

I love movies.
Sometimes when my brain is too tired,
and I don't even want to laugh,
I pick up a chic flick,
and stare at it.
You don't always have to use your brain to be smart.
You don't always have to watch movies that mean something

On other days,
especially when I want to be alone,
I go to the cinema really early
hoping there won't be anyone else
watch something like 2012,
and ponder about life.

(This is the boring part that sounds like every other blog, skip it!)
I think today was awesome.
I went to class,
I got my Progress Test 2 answer script back
(which I thought was forever gone since my lecturer forgot he left it in his car)
Re-read my answers and never thought I could produce such words and thoughts,
Came back,
Went for an awesome swim with an awesome friend in an awesome pool under the awesome sky during an awesome weather,
had a good bath,
realised my hair wasn't spoilt by chlorine,
got dinner,
found my favourite fruit,
had bubble tea,
had dinner in the middle of the field
under the stars
with the breeze in my hair,
had great conversation with two great friends,
came home,
sat in the spot which nobody else was smart enough to put a sofa there,
enjoyed the wind,
sat quietly beside another fantastic friend,
until she made conversation,
had conversation,
realised at the same time that we are both very happy
to know that we have dreams and goals
and that we're half way there
and that no guy can ever take anything we don't want to give from us,
realise that we are stronger than that,
realised that even if at the end of the day we have no man,
we are capable of being happy.

I think I can genuinely say that I am now happily single but not available.

I hope my ex doesn't feel in any way offended.
I just needed to know that I am capable of being that.
To know that I am happy alone to be able to be happy with someone else.
And today, I knew.

How I wish this could be my everyday routine.

I am Woman,
I am Independent
I am Strong,
I am Happy.
W.I.S.H. =)


"My head is in the clouds..."
"...and I like it there..."

I wish I never ever have to come down...

The end of Sunlounger's first disc is fucking-tastic!!
But current music to suit the mood is Chase the Sun...
How wonderful is it that I found the disc with the perfect song to end my perfect day by coincidence?
I love these friends..they're temperamental and there are days I can't stand them,
but so am I,
Me and my mood swings,
quite apparent from my blogs..

1 comment:

MeiYuin said...

wow, jane's happy! when she's happy, yuin's even more happy :)