Monday, November 9, 2009

I am Jane's Top 5 Treat List

Obviously, my wishlist extends way beyond five things (hello? I belong to the female species!). But if I were given a chance to make any five of them come true, this would be my list for the foreseeable future :
1. Passport to the world
This is it, my final semester. I've been counting down ever since the day I started ACCA. Sure, I do enjoy some of the papers, but there are some I swear I'd never want to see ever again. People have always given me encouragement, telling me that I can do much more than I think I can, giving me hope that maybe there's much more to me than even I know. That's why I chose ACCA instead of a normal degree. It is my passport to the world, and to the rest of my life. I have given 20 years of my life to my parents and other people's expectations of me. I have fulfilled them and it is now time for me to live my own dreams. I hope I will land a job that I will be so passionate about, I won't mind spending late nights in the office. And for that, I hope I will pass my final three papers. (reminder to self: stop staring at laptop and study more)

2. Two months in Redang
For the last three years, I have not had a proper holiday. That is an ACCA's student life. Shish!! No wonder people call us boring. Except for my own self-declared holidays and late night drinking expeditions, my life has been the same-old "attend-freaking-long-lectures-from-8am-to-9pm" routine (I am not a person of routine. Now I'm wondering how I survived the three years) from January to April and July to October, Exam Exiles every May and November, with my exams starting in June and December respectively, I am only left with two weeks of holidays while my counterparts in other courses have three months of semester break. I think two months in Redang by the beach and clear blue sea would make up for lost time. And I'm not being unrealistic, wanting to go to Bora Bora and Miami, who wouldn't want to? At least in Redang I'll be away from home, but close enough not to feel homesick.

3. Shopping trip to Hong Kong
And when I've finally gained my sanity back and achieved a state of 'zen' and 'gemeinschaftsgefuhl', I shall fly over to Hong Kong, (where I hope I will meet prospective employers), and spend about two weeks there just wondering the streets, shopping, eating, sight-seeing and enjoying life. I've been to Hong Kong when I was 14. I loved it there (except for the culture and the crime rates), but my parents had to spoil it by joining a freaking tour which took us from one factory to another. Which 14 year old wants to buy Jade pendants and funny Chinese herbs? On the flight back, full of resentment and dissatisfaction, I vowed that I would be back, by myself, so that I would be able to call the shots and make up my own itinerary. One that will obviously not involve me waking up in the morning.

3. Gym membership for three months
I've been to gym before, the first time, I just dragged myself there because I knew it was good for me. I never believed in gym. I never understood why people would want to run on a treadmill like hamsters on a wheel. But two weeks ago, I went for a trial, and I really enjoyed it. I guess it's just one of those things that has its own time and place, and I think I found mine. It's time to get into shape! Now, I have an even better goal. I will not only revert to my old shape, but be better than that.

5. The Dell Inspiron 13
My laptop is dying. There's this hole in the LCD screen (I swear I didn't poke a hole in my LCD) and it's getting bigger and bigger every time I stare at it (maybe I should stop staring). My lappy is almost four years ago. I remember how much I hated it when I first got it because my parents refused to listen to me when I told them what I wanted. It caused me a lot of pain and frustrations (and money as well as time), but it has served me well. Heck, only an IBM can withstand having being dropped onto the ground from a shelf while still running (again, I didn't drop it). But it's time to move on now. I need a new laptop, this one is slowly dying. And that's why the Dell Inspiron 13 will be a perfect fit.

The Obsidian Black body will remind me of my IBM, and of course, it will be the perfect travelling companion. I am a tech-geek. I love gadgets and the internet is the one thing that I need during "Me" time. I "LOVEEEEE" slim gadgets compared to bulky ones (the Dell Inspiron 13 measures only 1 inch thick), and it weighs only 2.22kg (would be a great relieve after so many years of lugging the heavy IBM around)! It would be perfect for me to carry around. Best of all, it has a 13.3 inch widescreen, perfect watching movies!
I feel the start of a new chapter coming, and right now, I'm so motivated to study, I'm going to sit at my desk for at least four hours non-stop!

If you want a Dell Inspiron 13 yourself, you can get an immediate RM100 in cash redemption when you call 1800-88-0301 to make an order with this special code 7ZQVQF2RLZRKW3.

No comments: