Monday, April 14, 2008

I Am Jane's Materialistic Form of Happiness

You know how people say happiness is contagious? It's true! That's why I want to share my happiness with everyone so that I can contaminate you with my HAPPY VIRUS!!! (shit, why didn't I think of this during that Happy Moments contest?).

Few weeks ago, beau said that he has never seen anyone as temperamental as me, and that my mood swings are the worst he's ever seen, in the sense that when I'm feeling down and all hope is lost, my face and actions are that of this nobody who walks the face of the earth just waiting for days to pass by, but with just (usually it is) a phone call, or an email, or any other form of communication some good news is conveyed through, in that split second, I look exactly like a spring finally let go
after being suppressed for a very long time (and no, I do not go boinggg!). I seriously don't know how I've come to be this person, I used to never show my emotions, maybe it's only when I'm around him. I don't know. I used to feel as if I could never understand who I was inside, but as time passed by, as I grew older, and as I started changing, I'm still not sure whether I know who I really am. I wonder if I'll never know who I am, because after all, change is the only thing inevitable in life. As I grow older, I'll inevitably keep changing, but during that process, I don't get enough time to understand who I am at that time, within that short period when I am what I am at that moment. And as the time passes by, so I will change, leaving behind the person I never got to know in myself. Thus repeats the perpetually vicious cycle. If at one time, I finally come to understand myself, does that mean that I will gradually stop changing? Ah...lack of sleep really does make you think about nonsense. Few years back, I read an article which said that research has shown that a (wo)man who has not slept in more than 24 hours is as 'drunk' or 'high' as a person who is drunk on alcohol. I really really never thought it did make sense as I used to not sleep the whole night, burning midnight oil for tomorrow's exam and then head straight for the examination hall, only to come back for a nap right after exam. It was as if the exam pressure had this catalyst effect on my body which made me go on and on like an Energizer bunny right to the second the exam ends, which is when my body automatically switches off as if it knows that it's all right to stop working the brain so hard now. But during the last periodical test, I really felt my body aging!!! I knew I'd never have this ability forever, but I do need it for at least 3 more years. As I was doing my test paper, it's as if I was in a daze, but my hand was still writing and my brain was still functioning, it was as if I had no control!! On the other hand, it's still good to know that I can still function although I'm intoxicated.

Anyhow, the original plan for this weekend was for me and Gan to go for the MMU prom in Melaka. Damn sad right? My own course doesn't organize proms and balls (except for simple social gatherings and the big ACCA gala dinner where you meet all the dato' seris and bigshots, obviously including the FIVE BIG BIG SHOTS from THE BIG FIVE), and Gan's sad sad prom committee usually doesn't allow outsiders to buy tickets. So what do we do? We find other people's proms to crash. Nah, just joking. Just simply wanted to go see my friends, which I did last week. Anyhow the plan got cancelled because somebody was supposed to study but he isn't and now everybody shall know that he didn't study (oh boy am I going to get a good spanking when he sees this).

But no weekend is wasted when I'm with him, especially when it is the PC Fair WEEKEND! Oh, yes, my beau is a real geek. The bright colours from the LCD screen, the clickety-clackety of the keyboard and mouse, the sharp and clear sound of the PC speakers, that all puts a big smile on his face. And yes, he is currently hunting for a PSP so if you would like to sponsor one, please do because he has been going on and on about it for ages now. I, on the other hand, went a-handphone -hunting. Been eying that Sony Ericsson K770i for half a year now, and on this very auspicious date, my hands are finally wrapped around this gorgeously slim phone who really has curves that would drive any man (or lady, in my case) wild. At first I wanted to get myself a digital camera since my darling Cybershot has decided to be as temperamental as me, but why get just a camera when I can get a 3 in one? I never was a big fan of MP3 players anyway, but just having some music playlist lying around has proven themselves handy at times of utter boredom. However, being an ardent Nokia supporter for the past 3 years, switching brands was really difficult to me. I love the technical specifications of my new phone, but I love how easy it is to navigate through a Nokia phone, and to make matters worse, I'm a big sucker for Samsung's design. WHY CAN'T ANYBODY HAVE ALL THOSE IN ONE PHONE???? But then again, if they really did, there wouldn't be a need for all this different companies, which means that would be only one company who will monopolize the whole market, which means that us consumers will b less spoilt for choice! That's just how the economy goes. Anyway, I got my phone for quite a reasonable price, but if it was a great buy, I'd really have to see. Only time will tell, and in my case, I think I'm jinxed when it comes to gadgets. It's not like I mistreat my things, but they just seem to slip through my fingers, or get scratched by nothing. I'm serious!

The whole of last night I couldn't sleep, (I think I subconsciously didn't want to sleep because I had some weird dream in the afternoon) but I took a nap at 10am, after which I was awakened by a call from my trusted hometown handphone dealer, which affirmed my decision of buying the phone that very afternoon (which later on turned into night). So I dug the lazy bone up, and bugged him to have lunch as well as get ready to go see the doctor about his swollen jaw. After which I managed to pester/bribe him into coming with me to buy the phone. He complained for 20 minutes and spent the rest of the 25 minutes sleeping.

I have this weird thing, sometimes, when I crave/lust/obsess over something to the point I try every way possible to obtain it, but the minute I have the means to obtain it, that lust/craving/obsession magically disappears, probably because I've worked so hard for it to the point I feel it's not worth all the hard work. Weird right? And of course, being human, I just start craving for new things! This sometimes leaves me with a lot of idle 'resources'. My point is, as I was nearing the dealer's shop, I was really starting to have second thoughts. That's why I dragged Gan along. To be that voice outside my head that will ensure I follow through. Anyway, I do feel more confident around him, sometimes to the extent of shocking even him.

So, long story short (as if my story will get any shorter), I got my phone, and I was beaming from ear to ear with pride. And yes, I've finally managed to convince him how much even a camera phone can do! So, we went to Zanmai for dinner and had a feast! Again, because I had extra leftover resources. Beau, being a true, all-things-Japanese fan, obviously loved it there! And we went home happily, well, that's not the end of the story for him, but that's his story to tell. As for me, I shall sit and play games and pour my happy glow over my new phone, of which as I expected, I can't get use to the messaging system. Obviously I did go camera-snapping crazy, but sadly, my phone's charging it's new battery, and I can't seem to find my card-reader anywhere, so photo uploading will have to wait for tomorrow. Which leads to:


Today's Random Stuff:
  1. Beau got a new baby as well, her name is EVO5, of which I'm very jealous off. His personal message on MSN read "I've got a new baby, I love it!! HEAR HER ROAR!!!!!!". HEY! Don't forget this baby helped you chose it too and introduced you to the new world of SONIC GEAR!!!By the way, we saw Altec Lansing at RM178 (prior year's price for above RM250). Scary or what?
  2. My things always go missing only when I need them the most, other than that, when I don' need them at all, they simply pop up everywhere! And if you must know, I have a little bit of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) as well as perfectionism in me. I need to have my things in a particular order BUT they must also be easily assessable. However, when coupled up with perfectionism, it does sometimes become a disaster, in the sense that when I do arrange my stuff, I take a whole day just to REARRANGE EVERYTHING and if not, I simply don't start. :D
  3. I have had only 4 hours of sleep today, but somehow I don't feel like sleeping.
  4. If you're really bored online, and you really have nothing to do, please go to www.gamezhero.com and look for amateur surgeon. AH, I'll do you a favour and make your life easy. It's kind of sick, but entertaining as well!
  5. It's really creepy, but nowadays, instead of just wasting my time, I actually SLOT studying into my other activities! Amazing right. I always believed I had high inertia, when I'm static, it's hard to get me going, when I start going, I don't really know how to stop.

GOODNIGHT!! And I know I'm very cheong hei (Long-winded) but I just love WORDS!!! I like how words describe and make you feel. I love writing, because without writing, I will be an average Jane, just like everyone else. Take writing away from me and I will be practically nothing. Sadly, I don't really have much time to do so anymore, and I feel like the gift of words is slipping away. Hopefully, all will be well when I finally learn how to fully utilize my K770i!

Post note: As promise, virgin shots from the K770i...





1 comment:

hem said...

and here i am reading this shit at 4 am about u fussing about ur new phone and the trip?? stupid monkey. and tell gan, altec is always the best, sonic gear will always be second best. ekek