Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Am Jane's One Whole Post full of Profanity, also wanting to know how to kill a mock(ing bird) exam

Don't worry about the Title, it's just something I made up since last year, ever since I started having to go through MOCK EXAMS AGAIN. I hate mock exams. I swear when I'm free, I shall write a whole post on why the college cannot bar its students from going for the final exams. Freedom of speech, people! Basic Human Rights.
Yes, as if having mock exams is not enough to torture students, Moonway* decided that students who DO NOT pass their mock exams....MUST BE BARRED. Seriously, how old do you think we are? Okay, wrong question to ask, let me rephrase that. Seriously, how stupid do you think we are? You can't just bar us to make your statistics look good because you made a mistake in the first place. If you want quality control, then you HAVE to control quantity. If there's one thing I know, when it comes to education, quality does not go hand in hand with quantity. Just because you want to make more money, you can't sacrifice ours! That's just not fair. Having the student pay his/her entire semester's fee (not like I'm paying any,) only to bar him/her at the end. If you gave compensation, then you AT LEAST have an argument. But not only you DON'T give compensation for your very-over-highly-overrated and more-expensive-compared-to-everyone else tuition, you do stupid things like threaten students. Seriously, if I could sue you for blackmail, I would. And as if the fact that people like you do stupid things is not enough, PARENTS have to agree with you. PARENTS!! HELLO!!! This is YOUR money he's leaching on! Think of it this way, you've ALREADY PAID your entire semester's fee, you've already paid your examination fees, which mean that if you don't go for the exams, not only will you have to resit the whole semester again and of course, pay the bloody expensive fee, but you will have to pay your examination fee, which AGAIN is bloody expensive, AGAIN! Makes no sense right? If you at least sat for the examinations, then AT LEAST you have a shot at passing right? Who gives a damn whether you'll forget everything right after the exams? The lecturers are spoon-feeding you anyway. Once you come out into the corporate world, you'll have to re-learn everything anyway. Lets face it, not everything we learn IS applicable. Even if it was, you'd not know how, and thus, you'd have to re-learn everything again! However, whatever said and done, you still have to know your stuff. I mean, re-learning everything when you come out to work would be much easier if you already have a rough idea (<---this refers to book knowledge). Anyway, this blog is supposed to be short, because I don't have time to waste. Because I have stupid fucking mock exams. Because I haven't studied enough. Because it is not humanly possible for me to finish the syllabus in one day. Because I have to spot questions since I cannot cover the whole syllabus. Because I have lecturers who know how to point fingers and not troubleshoot. Because I just I decided to burden myself with 1300++ pages of additional reading for Management Accounting. Sigh, I'm so not cut out to be an accountant. Cost accountant, maybe, but chartered secretary, tax authority, NEVER..and yet I have to sit for those papers. Sigh, no more time for backlogs. Just like clearance sale, everything must GO! The faster the better. Sometimes I wonder if I really do put myself in situations that cause me unnecessary stress. Yes, I chose to do this, because YOU gave me no choice. I chose this because I knew you'd never let me go till I got to this level. And so I chose the shortest path. Can you blame me? On the other hand, HemBodoh is coming tomorrow. So, I'll have a dinner break or so (which I think I really don't deserve). This is the perfect example of somebody who's penny wise pound foolish, only in another sense: There's this thing going on in Sunway Pyramid tomorrow (I really don't understand why everything has to happen only when I have exams, seriously). It's called Freeze For World Earth Day, organized by RandomAlphabets. This freezing thing originated from the US (though they don't freeze, but do something else), and being the typical Malaysian thing to do, someone decided to bring the idea to Malaysia and turn it into something else! Whatever said and done, the idea is the same. So, no big deal over there. Anyway, Yes, I'll be attending, since he is attending, and since I'm attending, I might as well take a few pictures and blog about it, eventually. Well, if I'm going to do something, I might as well have fun right? By the way, for more information, please visit RandomAlphabets HERE. The event is tomorrow, at 8pm sharp, to the minute, to the second. Another reason why I'm going: I want to see how the other people loafing around Sunway Pyramid are going to react when a bunch of people suddenly start acting as if they've been frozen in time. Oh, I'll freeze alright! But my finger will be clicking the camera button!
Back to my point, we're freezing for WORLD EARTH DAY! Yes, it has something to do with the environment. Don't ask me what does stopping what you're doing and standing/posing still for five minutes saves the environment. Even I can't see the connection, unless it's just some way to make other people aware of the campaign, that is. Unless they get Sunway Pyramid's management to shut off the air-conditioning and lighting, ...(long story short, shut off the main power source) at 8pm sharp, for five minutes. I seriously doubt they'll do that, because then, all their other customers will go frantic and probably never come back again.
My point is he's coming ALL THE WAY from Malacca just to freeze for five minutes, for WORLD EARTH DAY. In other words, he's trying to save the environment by freezing for five minutes, but to get to Sunway, He'll have to:
  1. Take a bus/taxi to Malacca Central, and of course, the vehicle runs on fuel. And if he does take the bus, then a bus ticket will be issued to him, thus wasting paper.
  2. He will have to get on a bus to get to KL, which takes 2 hours. Thus, waste of time. And again, waste of paper used to print the bus ticket. And in addition to the fuel burnt for the vehicle to run, the Express bus would have an air-cond which uses CFC which is harmful to the ozone layer.
  3. Knowing him, he will run all the way to Masjid Jamek, thus increasing his HBM, thus panting, and thus letting out more carbon dioxide, which in turn worsens the green-house effect.
  4. From Kelana Jaya, he will have to take a shuttle bus, which again, is a waste of time and other fore mentioned resources.
  5. He will then meet me, and thus, make a lot of noise which will contribute to noise pollution.
  6. We will then freeze for five minutes, which will be the only environmental friendly thing we'll be doing the whole day/
  7. He will have to go ALL THE WAY back to Malacca and so, causing the same wastages to happen.
Geez, if there's one thing I'm good at, it'd be wasting time, and writing freaking long blogs.

*Name changed to protect myself, not the college.

Today's Random Stuff:
  1. Stupid LAN wire is pissing me off. TELL ME. Why am I always unlucky when it comes to gadgets and what-not's like these? The first 30metre wire I bought COULDN'T connect me at all, but when taken back to the shop and tested, it seemed perfectly fine! And then I come home to find that my place on the switch has been taken. Thus needing me to pull my wire all the way from the other room. And now, STUPID FUCKING WIRE IS DISCONNECTED SOMEWHERE INSIDE I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE, thus the "A local connection has been unplugged" pop-up showing up umpteen times. I seriously swear I did not mistreat my wire...I've learnt from my past mistakes to not bend my wire or over-stretch it. But NO!! Despite that, the stupid wire still can get spoilt!! WHAT THE FUCK!!! You mean to say whatever I do my wire will STILL somehow get spoilt?
  2. Stupid lappie is lagging. I found this application I really like on Facebook, it's called Scene Caster, something like The Sims where you can build your own scene (including room, apartment, mall, bar, whatever) and furnish it, although you don't get to put people inside and make them commit suicide, LOL. I tell you, this it the ONE APPLICATION ON FACEBOOK that has got me addicted. But NO! I don't get the priviledge of enjoying it. Every time I log on to it, and work on something, in about 20 minutes, the system goes haywire and my browser is forced to shut down. And no, there is no recovered file or anything. And sometimes I don't even get to save my hard work. And the most irritating part is how hard it is to move furniture around as well as navigate the camera controls. It's not exactly HARD to navigate or move furniture around, the problem lies in the lagging browser.
  3. Other than that, I have pretty much nothing to say today (actually, I never have nothing to say, it's whether I have the time to say it or not), except that I'm RUNNING OUT OF TIME! My life is frustrating. No matter how I try be optimistic about it, it always turns around and kicks me in the ass just to prove its point. POINT TAKEN!
LIFE'S A BITCH, GIVE IT TWO TIGHT SLAPS AND MOVE ON!

No comments: