Monday, July 7, 2008

I am Jane after another year.

This post is about 2 hours late, and hence, I've missed the auspicious date. I guess I should have written it down yesterday night instead. I blame blogger.com because it took me that long to figure out how to edit my previous post, which came out apparently blank because I used black as my font colour.

Okay, so for my purpose, let's all just pretend it's the 7th of July today. Today is the day my beau and I...became official? I really don't know, it's just that we really really liked 07/07/07 so much that we decided to make it a special day. He even made up this thing where he said "We have two anniversaries, one for you, one for me!" You could say that that was the day he first uttered "I love you" to me, although we were fighting at that time because he was so busy playing games with his friend that he totally forgot that he was supposed to meet me at 7pm. Yes, we have an obsession with the number seven, deal with it.

Today also marks the second week of the semester. So far, so good, although I've been NATO (no action, talk only) till now. I REALLY MUST START STUDYING!! Because:
  1. I really want to get my law over and done with
  2. I have the 'advantage' of having Marcus instead of Kiran for my Audit, I don't like going to class and being screamed at. If I want to get screamed at, all I have to do is pick up the phone and tell my mum what I really did on that day. I'm sure she'll find something to scream about. She screams whenever she's on the phone anyway, makes no difference. So, I really don't need anymore people screaming at me.
  3. We really don't know how long Goh Leng Chai is going to stick around until he decides that he is too good to teach just Corporate Governance.
  4. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's bullshitting my way through, and since I have the language, I already have an upper hand compared to the rest. Now all I need is the knowledge, that's the hard part. I really don't understand how I can finish a novel in half a day, but am able to quote from it, but really can't put myself down to finishing a stupid text book which is way thinner than some of the novels I've read.
  5. I DON'T WANT TO SIT AND STUDY ACCA FOREVER!! Even repeating tax was a bore, hell, by the time I sat for the paper, I could almost regurgitate all the past year answers. It's either I've become THAT good, or I've done it so many times, it's STUCK there. Nevertheless, I shall give myself the benefit of the doubt and THINK I AM that good.
  6. With the coming foreseen recession on the way, and the current inflation, it really is a bad time to be a student. Think studying-child=investment=liability. Investments do not go well with recessions. Nobody invests during a recession. I really am not a liability, maybe semi, but then again, my mother does give my brother additional allowance. So I really don't understand why people conveniently label me as the FAMA(Father Mother) scholarship holder, while my brother is the almighty JPA scholarship holder. My scholarship has a name, you know. It's called NST-MAPCU. YES, NST, the newspaper half of Malaysia reads everyday, THAT NST. Even my mother refuses to acknowledge I have a scholarship. Seriously, I have every single right to be angry at them. Who gives you the right to label me the spoilt brat who doesn't appreciate that my parents provide my monthly allowance? It's not like I deliberately wrote in the exam script, "Dear marker, please fail me so that I don't have to go to work soon so that I can continue drying up my parents' finances". Seriously pissed! There are perks of not being a JPA scholar, you know. For one, I'm not bonded to the government. So, yes, I hate those who think highly of JPA scholars because the grass really isn't greener on the other side. And yes, I just proved Peter's point of my preference to fight for the minority. Just because somebody isn't a JPA scholar doesn't mean he or she is worthless. There are so many people who go out to work after school to finance their education THEMSELVES. THAT, I respect. There are people who take loans under their own names and later on work to pay off the loan plus interest THEMSELVES. And there are people who've sent their children to Timbuktu on their own savings who look down on other people's kids who aren't JPA scholars. Also, there are those whose children are bums, but they still insist on spending money on them, and they talk about how other people's children who are not JPA scholars. Seriously, if you don't have the ability, it's really better to shut your pie hole. And while I'm at it, people whose children HAVE already graduated and are fortunate enough to do well do not have the right to decide other people's children's destiny. So your children were lucky enough to enter a multi-national company, enjoy the fortune and shut up about it if you're not willing to share. Don't add to other people's doubts and worries. I really don't see anything great about being a JPA scholar. So you get to go overseas. So you get a miserable allowance which really is INHUMANELY insufficient. So you get the glory, so you get the title and SO you get to meet the prime minister (which I really don't see what the big deal is). SO WHAT? You are bonded to the government for five years, maybe more if you take certain courses. Isn't that like PAYING back your debt? So, I propose we alter the name to JPA loan recipients. Why? Because working with the government, although there is job-security, offers only a miserable salary with very little benefits (forget medical and dental expenses at general hospitals, it takes you forever to finally see the doctor anyway) and since you're BONDED to them, they really don't need to raise your salary to keep you with them. Think of all the lost opportunities which obviously will amount to opportunity costs which is VERY material.
  7. I want my own place, I want my privacy, I want the ability to want something because I have the means to, and I want the ability to have what I want by means of my own finances. I want financial freedom, freedom of choice, freedom of speech, I want the freedom to be happy and the freedom to decide my own life. And yes, I want many other things.
It's 3am now, way past my bedtime. I hate morning classes! Well, at least I don't have boring lecturers this semester, or so I think. Wish me luck. Am looking forward to going to Melaka on Friday, so I better get well. Which reminds me, I'M BLOODY BLOODY IRRITATINGLY SICK!!!


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BEAU!!! And may witness many more together.

No comments: