Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I am Jane in Search of the Four-Letter Word in Red

No, the four-letter word does not start with F and it is not in anyway, a profanity, although I do have a fondness for foul language (read expression of thought, people!). The four-letter word my friends and I have been hunting for (not that it is that hard to find during this time of the year) starts with 'S' and ends with an 'ale'! YES! SALE! Oh, how we all love the sight of percentages on big read cardboards everywhere!

In fact, it is the best time to go shopping for branded stuff now! Honestly, I was never brand conscious, but after I found out where most of the shops here selling ridiculously priced pieces got their stock from, I became really reluctant to even enter their shops. Why on earth would I want to pay the price of a clothing, which has been overly priced, perhaps not twice, not thrice but at least FIVE TIMES if not just and additional zero at the back of the cost price? With that same price if not lower, I can go to their supplier and get the same dress in MULTILPLE colours! Hack, I could possibly even wear the same piece in different colours for every day of the week! So, yes, SALE period is when my friends and I go crazy over Forever 21, MNG, EDC to name a few. Not that their material or workmanship is any better than what the other shops sell, but having to know that our clothes come directly from multinational companies (although some of them are still made in China where production cost is ridiculously inhumanly chicken crap) , we rest in piece knowing that they have a tag on it, and are not over-priced, or are they?

My latest lust includes
  1. A quilt from Ikea (I do not like duck downs and I think it's cruel)
  2. A hobo bag from Sisley, United Colours of Benetton (picture not found, but I assure you it is absolutely gorgeous and to die for) or Esprit
  3. CK Perfume
  4. Espadrilles and sexy pumps
  5. Long worded Tees
  6. Long tops with boat necklines
  7. A new bikini, just for the fun of it
So if anyone wants to get on my good books, you know how! Lol.
Sigh, I wish I had an unlimited and no-need-to-pay credit card, so basically I want just a piece of plastic which I can swipe everywhere and get stuff. I think the reason why I'm lusting for so many things is because I haven't gone on a shopping spree for so long. So, Singapore, here I come.

I'm too lazy to write now, just met up with Meiyuin. I have class in about 2 hours, and I have to go to Setapak after that because it's easier to get to the lrt station from there and I do not fancy waking up early in the morning to catch a bus. Other than that nothing much interesting happening except that all anti-viruses have failed me and thus my lappie is a little bit cuckoo right now but I do hope it can persevere a bit longer before having to be reformatted. And I've started work as a review writer and I think it SUCKS. Why? As you all should know by now, I am a woman of WORDS. Words DO NOT elude me even though sometimes I need to think really hard before the word I think of comes to mind but WORDS are never little when it comes to me. And my job basically just requires me to state the specification of electronic gadgets in sentences. How boring and uncreative! I need to be creative and I need to speak my mind. I doubt this it going to last long, but then again, it IS easy money. I wish I were a food critic or a restaurant review writer instead. Think of all the possible places and food I'd get to experience! Lol. Toodles.

No comments: