Friday, July 4, 2008

I am Jane's blog. JANE'S blog. Get it?

I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to write about while I was in the LRT. Unfortunately, due to TELEKOM's incompetent staff, it didn't happen. And so all my rubbish went down the drain.
On the other hand, HEM you can't black mail me. I don't care. And you should know that by now. And so I shall continue writing about whatever strikes my mood whenever it comes to me.

Looking forward to Melaka again next Friday. The beau promised. And so, now I have officially put it in black and white, literally.

Speaking of which, since TELEKOM is the cause of my not having anything substantial to write about now, here are some tips on how to get better service. Best works if you're a girl.

  1. Some people think that Malaysian's are not independent and often just pick up the phone and call customer service instead of troubleshooting themselves. Well, there are two sides of the coin here. There are people who call customer service EVERY SINGLE TIME they have a problem, although their problem may involve them not plugging the telephone line into the modem. On contrary, there are people who DON'T know what the fuck is wrong with their internet and insist on troubleshooting. The key here is to know your stuff. Before calling customer service, do identify that the problem does not lie on YOUR side so that you don't give these people a chance to ridicule you.
  2. After going through the never-ending hold session which I think is a scam just to make you pay a higher telephone bill, simply tell the operator what you have done to troubleshoot your very bad connection which 9/10 times is due to their fault in order to save your time and your telephone bill from shooting sky high because this people think you're a complete idiot.
  3. If they finally find out that there is some imaginary port/ cable problem which they can't fix and have to send a technician over, make some noise and tell them it's NOT your first time because it obviously isn't. And then, make SOME MORE noise about how you're paying your internet bill for nothing since you can't use it. Sometimes, surprisingly after this, your internet will work.
  4. If it still does not work, and they tell you that they need three working days for a technician to fix it, trust me when I say three working days equals two weeks, TELEKOM-time. And so, you should continue making more noise about how you had to wait two weeks before a real-live technician came and did anything. If the person says that it is the protocol, then ask her if it's okay if you pay your bill three working days later since it's YOUR protocol and ask for her name so that you can put it on her tab.
  5. Your technician will be at your doorstep early the next morning after this. If he isn't, then call TELEKOM again, and let all hell break lose.
The essence to getting Malaysians to get things done is by raising your voice. That, I have learnt. Sometimes, even a little blackmail and sarcasm works just as well, in that case you wouldn't have to resolve to screaming.

Speaking of screaming, I do not understand girls who stick around guys who abuse them. I say that guys with temper problems should have their dicks cut off since their testosterone levels are too high. I don't want to write about him right now since he's my beau's housemate and he really is terrorizing everybody else in the house. The fucker really should do something bout his temper. Throwing your girlfriend around DOES NOT count as anger management and is under no circumstances, intolerable. People like that should have their balls tied up with a rubber band so that no blood circulation goes there and let them see the balls just wither and DROP OFF.

On another note, the dreadful semester has started. I went to college to register for my resit paper, only to be told that I can only register a resit subject in August. Later on, she told me that I could register for the paper, but I would have to pay for the full fees (which was what I already did and told her). And then she sent me to some very extremely long queue just to pass up a shit of paper which didn't take me 5 seconds to fill. I was so pissed I just went home and decided to resit Law only starting August. Again, Malaysian incompetency. And we dream of Wawasan 2020 and what not. Sending our astronaut into outer space AGAIN, as if the last one wasn't enough. Seriously, what's there to see? I mean, I'm sure there's no secret hide out built around a lagoon with beautiful topless mermaids bask in the moon and star light everyday right? Unless our dear 'grandfathers'(translated into Malay) sent this guy up to hide their secret stash of cash.

Speaking of the ongoing recession-like scenario in our dear Malaysia, I once read this article that Malaysian government did not monetarily subsidize our fuel prices for us. The reason given was because our government is the main exporter for high quality oil of which is sold to us, only at a lower price than sold overseas and thus, the subsidy. I am not very fond of our administrative system, but I do know that our oil is sold to other countries at a much higher price because of its quality. And the petrol we use is of a lower quality which comes from the middle east. Thus, the writer of the article does have his point although he did get it confused. I'm guessing that the profit we make from selling our oil is used to import lower quality petrol, which is then sold to us, at a price obviously LOWER than what is sold to the other countries and hence, the so-called SUBSIDY. Although the financial reports given by Petronas who CLAIM that they are loss-making rather than gaining profits at the height of our oil crisis is, however, questionable, since most of their employees say otherwise.

And so, what the newspapers have forgotten to highlight is that although price of fuel, food and other essentials are going up, our parents' salaries are not going anywhere (except for the miserable RM625 so-called petrol subsidy which comes up to about only RM56 a month. But then again, it is called a SUBSIDY, and not free petrol). However, some of our allowance are going DOWN. And so I guess, the rich gets richer, the poor gets poorer, our parents have to balance their own spending with ours, and we get dragged along. I am not complaining, but it IS horrible to be a student during this economical period.

I'm too hungry. I'm off to eat. And the internet better be working when I get back or I'll be really pissed.

p/s: Do know that rubbish is not utter rubbish except that provoked by other's stupidity.

No comments: