Thursday, September 25, 2008

I am Jane on Exam Eve

As if Sunway Tes messing up the exam timetable forcing me to sit for two papers in one day wasn't bad enough, and my laziness which repelled me from studying didn't add up to the disaster wasn't disastrous enough, my housemates have decided to become hyenas ones again. I believe they are all were-hyenas who only turn noisy when the moon comes out. Not only that, these people have been threatening to bar us peer meager students from the dawn of its birth. An idea just struck me; should I call in sick? As in, get an MC and all? But then again, I have been very discipline in terms of sitting for tests all these while, even though I very much knew before hand that I would fail. There's always mock. And that's when I finally get serious. Thankfully, I do get serious when it comes to the mock exams, although it's just a MOCK exam and I really should literally MOCK it. I'm just being lame, don't mind me.

The thing is, this semester I promised I'd save myself from the agony of having to sit and wonder if I did pass my exams. But if I continue slacking, I just know that it'd be the same thing all over again. Nonetheless, I was very discipline at the beginning of the sem. It's almost three quarters over now and my absent days can be counted on a single hand. Very proud of myself, I must say. But it's time for me to buck up now. The clutching jaws of the exams are drawing near again. And it is getting tougher and tougher by the moment. Although we all know I can bullshit well and the Professional Accountant is a paper which requires a lot of bullshitting (probably that's how I got such good grades the first time), the passing rate is freakishly low, and I do want to pass it the first time around. I feel my dreams which I've painstakingly painted on my study wall coming through one by one, some delayed, but still realisable.

And so, because they are hyenas and I cannot sleep, I might as well study the whole night through and pray I don't collapse or become brain dead by afternoon. Wish me luck!!

P/s: Beau has been bugging me to see his mum. It wasn't that I didn't want to. It's just that everytime she's down, I'm always away. Or even I would have left just before she arrived. And so, last Tuesday, I took the liberty to make a trip to meet the mother of my beau and I must say, I have complete trust in him now when it comes to understanding me. Haha! One of his attempts at 'persuasion' came in a form of an SMS that read "Come lar.. I'm sure you'll like her. She's not like all mothers.. Not all mothers are bad like yours. I give you 'mother back guarantee'. See! So nice..got mother back guarantee some more" or somewhere along that lines. Not that I do have a choice to trade my mother in. She is, after all my mother, what I am and what I'm not is partly because of her. Even though she isn't the most supportive, at least I've benefited by being forced to learn to stand up and fend for myself. For that I'm grateful. So please don't say I'm an ungrateful child (although my mother always uses that on me). Although, the line did crack me up when I first read it. How cute can he be? And yes, beau...you have proven to me that not all mothers are bad. Your life's purpose is fulfilled. You can rest in peace now, mummy's brown-eyed boy. By the way, I've really never met someone so pleasant and unassuming!

Time to hit the books now. Will I be lucky again this time around? I hope the Mr. MO doesn't count my marks wrongly again. BLASPHEMY!!! My next post (once I'm done with my papers) will be on racism. Since that's a huge topic when it comes to me and so many people have raised it to me.

No comments: