Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I am Jane's Hidden Agenda

I have a hidden agenda. My mother says that my glorious behind is 'itchy' because ever since I've moved to KL, I've been constantly moving places almost every year. I've just moved into Lagoon View less than 7 months ago, but now I'm feeling the itch to move again. Let me get this straight, in actual fact, my derrière is neither physically, literally nor figuratively itchy at all.
The first time I had to move was because I was 'relocating' to a better life, or so it seemed that way during then. Although I must say that I'm very glad with the move because that place was a pothole (pun intended) place anyway. Nevertheless, Sunway is well-known for being expensive and thus, even a twin sharing room is absurdly priced. That, and the idea of having to share my room with another stranger after my second experience, pushed me to move (this is what my mother means by my rocking the boat, I can't actually deny it really). My first roommate was Guat Lee, I shall not get into how I came to know her and who introduced us because the person no longer exists when I'm concerned. I must say that she was a fantastic partner in crime, even though I barely knew her when I first roomed with her, but then again, I was childish, foolish and naive, and so I let our friendship and relationship dwindle. If I had the chance, I'd go back to rectify it. I admit my mistakes now because I know that it was partially my fault for believing in someone so stupid but I don't regret them because at least it made me stronger and more cautious.
My original plan was to move in with my friends, and since the other apartment looked as if it was a murder scene, we had no choice but to look for a unit in the even more absurdly priced Lagoon View. We found one to our liking, but the terms were not in our favour. I still remember the heart ache and trouble it caused me, and I tell you that experience is living proof that Murphy's law doesn't only exist, but is, to a certain extend, very mild. Let's just say that bad things didn't cease to exist even after meeting all five requirements, it went further on. Even though I persevered, I ended up with nothing at all. That is why I don't believe that if you have determination, and perseverance, you can achieve anything. That is bullshit and I can prove to you that it is a lie. The experience, however, taught me a lesson I thought I'd never learn, that is to know when to quit and when enough is enough. I, stubborn as I am, am, in fact, determined and strong-willed, that is, once I set my mind to it. This, has led to my not being able to give up and insisting on my own ways, even though the path that it leads to is of much consequences (most of them unknown). I like being the guinea pig, the pioneer, of which later on every body will follow suit, with regards to my success. It has always been like this. Nobody will even remember me after that, but if something went wrong, I'm always to blame even though I really didn't know that person at all. Nevertheless, the condo experience was one of a narrow escape, of which I could have been liable for RM3000 legally, and for that I am thankful.
And so, I ended up here, in a twin sharing room of a 12-room pent house. Luxurious as it sounds, it is not at all how you expect it to be. Of course the room has a better design, is more spacious, with a built-in closet, tall windows and better looking curtains, but the outside is HORRIBLE. At least it is not as dirty as it used to be when I was staying at Monash Condo with the Indonesian housemate (I don't usually generalize, but she really left a bad impression of Indonesians on me). Not only that, my things used to go missing! For the first few months, life here was way better than in the Condo. But with the addition of a VU housemate, it became the same as before. Things missing, food missing, utensils missing, utensils being used without permission, and misplaced, equipment being blown up and misused without permission. And when she had a new roommate, she decided that it was custom to pass on the habit and so has 'educated' her junior to do the same as her. And she, her friend who doesn't even stay in this side of the penthouse. When I first moved here, I liked how the people here were cautious of their space and did not invade each other's privacy, but this all vanished when these people came into the picture. To make matters worse, the management decided to throw caution to the wind and admit any Teressa, Debra and Hermione (sisters of Tom, Dick and Harry) in here. When I first moved here, the warden had told me that the penthouse was 'exclusive' and was reserved only for hostelites with good track records. This is so not the case now. It just doesn't make sense to put a Muslim girl among several Chinese girls, especially if they come from China and love pork so much they throw it everywhere on the floor. Not only that, now there's a Black girl here (although I'm afraid of African guys, I don't really have a problem with the girls) and the Malay girl has decided that she should teach her how to violate people's space and blow up other people's new microwaves.

You can argue that this is not my house, but how would you feel if you stayed in a place where any one can walk in and out as they please?You might as well leave the doors open, put a 'WELCOME" mat outside and put up fliers to invite thieves in. I never did realise and never did have a problem until now, but now I DO NOT like people touching my things without my permission ESPECIALLY if they plan to blow it up, don't follow instructions, insist on putting metal into the microwave even though there is no plate in there to turn, and ESPECIALLY IF THEY PLAN TO LEAVE IT EVERYWHERE ELSE EXCEPT where they found it and in a dirty condition. I am not your maid and I am not your mother. I did not purchase my things for your use and convenience and I most certainly do not fancy cleaning up after you. Heck, I don't even fancy cleaning up after myself but at least I have the decency to take up the responsibility.

As I've said, monkeys should be treated like monkeys, and uncivilized people should be treated as they are. I tried talking NICELY to them not once, not twice, but UMPTEEN times, but still they don't get the point. In actual fact, it is official that they do not have my permission and consent and are specifically prohibited from using my things, but these thick cement faced people insist on using other people's things, and so I went to the next step. I stuck a big fat notice that said please keep your OWN space clean to avoid cockroaches and OTHER PESTS (Pests being them). But no, these people are blind. They choose to be oblivious and continue using other people's things. And so, that day, I chose to be oblivious to their presence and purportedly bad-mouthed them in front of my friend. If you want to be thick-faced, I shall treat you as you are. But she proved me wrong, her face is thicker than thick face because she still leaves her things everywhere and dirties my stuff. Can you imagine she warped the table Prema left me? It is up to that extent what her horrible habits are. My roommate showed her no mercy and put up a very frank notice that read "PRIVATE PROPERTY, TRESPASSERS will be prosecuted. And guess what, they still trespass, when they THINK no one is looking.

And so, the other day, while walking around Pyramid, I spotted Sam, and found out that he got kicked out of the Condo because he has been staying there for more than one year. I am waiting anxiously for someone to kick me out, but to no avail. I cannot get kicked out because I committed a crime because then my mother would know. Any ideas? I really want my own space. I feel so violated, invaded, trespassed, EXPOSED! I want my own space. I want I want I want. And so, my conniving little scheming brain has decided that I shall be 'oblivious' to the fact that I have to appeal for another year's stay, meaning that I will 'disregard' the existence of the letter, and look for other things to manipulate into being in my favour as well, I must say I am very good at that. So, if you have any more ideas, please feel free to drop them in the chat box. The plan that actually works will win a dinner on me (not literally) at Carl's Junior? Shogun? What tickles your fancy? If my mother could speed up her process of getting a house here (but she wouldn't be staying here anyway, since my dad refuses to move), then I'd get the whole house to myself!! MUAHAHAHA..Evil evil..And I'd get a car! MUAHAHAHA..By the way, did I mention I'm no longer on probation? I am now a full-fledged driver who has not driven in two years.

On a side note, about two nights ago, I was browsing through Sze Wei's blog when her friend list caught my attention. Under the name Chin Kwang was the title 'Of Condo and Mentari Court'. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to drop by and visit. It seems that Chin Kwang is currently in Sunway! Doing what, I didn't know.
First, let me explain who Chin Kwang is. Koay Chin Kwang is the brother of Koay Guat Im who was my senior who enjoyed bullying me during my Girl Guide as well as Ranger days. She never failed to heavily 'punish' me during base games every year during our annual so-called 'camp' which really is just staying in school and nothing at all like real camping, except that one night when we get to cook our own food over an open fire. Other than that, Chin Kwang was also my brother's class mate before he skipped a year and I have met him on a few occasions, such as in his school, and during Buddhist camp. I must say that I was very impressed when I first saw his acting debut at the inter-school drama competition. Nevertheless, we are more or less acquaintances, rather than friends.
The next morning after I found out about his staying here at Sunway, I heard a very young guy's voice calling my name while I was passing by the financial counter (of which there is another story to it) and when I turned around to look, it was HIM! How weird is that, it was as if stumbling accross his blog was like a fore-warning to meeting him. That's the end of my curiousity. Totally random, isn't it?


P/s: My IV wounds still hurt like crazy!!!! And now the place where they took blood from is starting to turn green as well. I look like a pot addict and my gums have pieces of string dangling from them. Am having them removed tomorrow and after that, I'm going to meet Aili.

By the way, I asked my mother to call the hospital while I was in class so that I could run there if I needed to right after class, but she decided to entrust my dad with the task, of which instead of heading to the hospital, he headed the opposite to Dr. Low's clinic. Great parenting. No comment. Maybe all wounds are the same, all organs are the same, so next time, when you need a heart transplant and they only have kidneys, try it. Apparently they're all the same, that is, according to great parents.

No comments: