Monday, September 1, 2008

I am Jane saying Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish

Meant to post this up a long time ago, but didn't have the chance. Even worse still, my IBM is not with me now, so I don't have the leisure and privacy of lying in my 'favourite position' to type away.

With regards to the title, yes, the bugger my brother finally flew off. Although I don't miss his presence, my mother obviously does! Actually, I was not obliged to send him to the airport, but miss the drama I shall not! It's not every day or even every year I get to see my mother send her favourite son off! Oh, what drama and oh, what a great clip it will make! Shall I post it here? Hehehe... On a side note, when my mother told me I didn't have to send him to the airport because he'd come back soon, my reply was "If you haven't notice, we both can live without each other's existence." Which was a very WRONG thing to say because the sob story got out after that, it went a bit like this:

Me : Ma, if you haven't noticed, we actually get by pretty well without each other's existence.
*awkward silence*
Mum: I know, you think I don't know? I know that if you could, you'd want to live without my existence as well. You think I don't know what you need me for?

Very hard to talk to my mum without being caught up in her web! Please tell me if I'm being paranoid and that she has no other intention, because it's kind of obvious, isn't it? Hate it extremely when she uses this tactic on me...

And so, because a gazillion people called me up after my brother left and tried COMFORTING ME, let me make a few points straight:

  1. No, I don't miss him, even though we are very prone to sibling rivalry and we lived under the same roof and under the same tyranny for almost 20 years, we ARE NOT close to each other and we DO NOT need to depend on each other.
  2. No, I'm not sad that he left. Don't even get me started here.
  3. No, I'm not glad that he left because, him leaving means that my mother's full physical attention will be on me, and after 16 years without, I've learnt to live with it and I refuse to adapt to the change just because she has time for me now. So, NO, I don't need and want the extra attention.
  4. Yes, I'm very jealous because he got to fly away from this place and I don't but No, I'm not jealous that he got a full scholarship because they pay him peanuts (which attract monkeys like him).
  5. Yes, I do want to fly there, but I want to do it with my own money, and certainly not while being bonded to some government.
  6. No, I am not wondering what he will become like when he becomes because although we're not close, my brother is perfectly predictable to me.
  7. No, I'm not scared that he will marry a Canadian and never come back because my dad will make a big fuss and I'm not really bothered.
On another note, this week, I got assigned to review handphones. Yes, they are my weakness, I don't know why. I don't follow the trend, but when I see something I really want, it just keeps popping up everywhere as if to taunt me/ tempt me into buying them. What's worse, I'm reviewing the phone that I like, which means that I can see even more advantages of it!! So, please, if someone is generous enough, hint hint...
"Buy me..buy me!! I know you love me!!"

Last month's pay went everywhere except the bank. So this month I have to save. I want a car! And so many other things. How to multiply money? Can someone teach me? I also want that thing above that keeps taunting me... Should I sell my k770i? But I've never sold my phones, they have sentimental value!! Dilemma...

No comments: